Description: IN THIS EDITION:
* There is new hope for the Menindee Lakes after local MP Kevin Humphries unveiled a plan of his own that he said would keep more water for Menindee. However, now he has to get the authorities to agree with him.
* The city's most famous pub, the Palace Hotel, is on the market but one of its owners says they won't sell it to anyone who wants to change the character of the grand old building.
* The Barrier Field Naturalists club, which helped establish the regeneration area around the city, has been saved after people rallied to join up and keep the 97-year-old institution going.
* Lindsey Bell had wanted to be a midwife since she was 15. She attained her ambition and now she has won the David Bowler Memorial Award scholarship.
* Balranald trainer Emma Scott had a rough time on the road getting herself and her horse, Highway Hornet, to St Pat's on Saturday. But some bikies saved the day and Highway Hornet won the maiden.