Description: IN THIS EDITION:
* The Broken Hill Festival has ended in another great weekend of fun, glamour and glitz. On Saturday visitors and locals alike packed the Town Square for the start of the fabulous Main Street Drag Parade.
* On the first anniversary of being elected the first female mayor of Broken Hill, Darriea Turley says the promise of rebuilding the city's infrastructure and capitalising on the Silver City becoming Australia's first heritage-listed city will be realised during her tenure.
* A house in Gypsum Street has been completely destroyed by fire. The cause is under investigation following devastating fires in two other houses recently.
* Two intrepid (and fit) young local firemen are about to run up the stairs of the 98-storey former Centrepoint Tower in Sydney in full firefighting kit to raise money for Motor Neurone Disease research.
* Soccer finals are on the way after the regular season finished on Sunday. In the men's A-grade, St Joes put Alma out with a 4-2 win and West beat Celtic 7-1.
In the women's league, West downed Celtic 14-1 and Alma beat St Joes 2-1.