Description: * The State Government-commissioned inquiry into allegations of upstream water theft has called for urgent changes to water management in Western NSW. Head of the inquiry, Ken Matthews, said the system of compliance checks had failed.
* The Deputy Director General of the NSW Department of Primary Industries. Gavin Hanlon, has been stood down in the wake of the report, pending an investigation into allegations of misconduct.
* The State Opposition is demanding that the water portfolio be taken out of the hands of National Party ministers, saying Mr Matthews' inquiry had shown that they can't be trusted.
* Brian McCauley, City Engineer and Broken Hill's first Town Planner, is being fondly remembered following his death in Bowral.
* A car stolen in Broken Hill last week has been found in Adelaide and the suspected thieves arrested and charged.
* Central veteran, Justin Heath, has been awarded the inaugural Brett Morris Medal after being judged the club's best and fairest.