Description: * Former mayor Wincen Cuy hits back at a suggestion that the current council inherited the Civic Centre debacle from the previous council.
* About 100 people attended a service to commemorate the deaths of more than 800 workers who lost their lives from mine-related injury or illness.
* Hundreds of family and friends farewelled land rights activist William Bates on the banks of the Darling.
* Quota Club's big fundraiser, the 10 cent auction, is back on again this month with plenty of prizes and fun.
* Summer's shaping up to be another good one for fishers after a lean few years at the Darling River and Menindee Lakes.
* About 100 people turned out to support local sport and play a round of golf at the Outback Emus' annual golf day.