IN THIS EDITION:
* NSW Water Minister, Melinda Pavey, said yesterday she did not decide to lift the restriction on floodplain irrigation in the Gwydir and Namoi valleys this week.
* City Council has joined others councils on the Murray-Darling river system to seek answers from the NSW Government about why it let irrigators take the floodwaters in the north.
* The opportunity for first home buyers to jump into the market has never been better, according to a local real estate agent.
* City Council’s new Waste Transfer Station will open next week.
* Indyanna Kooyman is going places in the world of soccer and her next destination is Tasmania.