IN THIS EDITION:
* The secretary of a group that preserves the historic White Cliffs Solar Thermal Power Station has won the main prize in an international engineering photo competition.
* Legend has it that if you come face to face with your doppelganger, or double, it is an omen of bad luck or impending death.
* The Tydvil Hotel plans to donate every cent made from Fossey’s new gin ‘Aussie Spirit’ purchases to bushfire relief.
* Sunset Strip Association president Peter Cox has been rewarded the Sunset Strip Award because of his outstanding volunteer service.
* Broken Hill’s Colby Stenhouse had his first date this week on national television.