IN THIS EDITION:
* Water bills for the average household in Broken Hill will rise only slightly this year, but locals will see a greater spike over the next two years, the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) announced yesterday. FULL STORY: PAGE 2
* A Broken Hill miner is now most assuredly a millionaire, after purchasing his winning Lotto ticket at the South Newsagency.
* It’s raining cats and dogs at the local animal pound, as staff do their best to keep up with the revolving door of surrendered pets and captured strays.
* Caravan crooks allegedly made off with about $1500 in cash from a caravan park in Broken Hill on Tuesday night.
* Broken Hill’s Church of Christ has found a new home, which is bound to prove much easier to refurbish than their last.
* A couple of teams of Broken Hill rally drivers will thrash it out over two-days and 450 km in a new event around the Burra area.