IN THIS EDITION:
* A dream come true – as of Wednesday this week, Mutawintji National Park has almost doubled in size after almost 60,000 hectares of land was gazetted. FULL STORY: PAGE 3
* Police have renewed calls for information about a suspicious house fire on Monday night. A man has been charged for the alleged ongoing domestic assault of a woman in Broken Hill.
* Councillors will work with legal representatives to provide further input into investigations around the Civic Centre. Mayor Darriea Turley AM said the matter was discussed at a confidential meeting on Wednesday night to ensure Council’s legal case surrounding the Civic Centre was not inadvertently compromised.
* Families in Broken Hill are reaping the rewards of the NSW Government’s Cost of Living appointment service, with more than 300 households collectively saving over $50,000 since the service went live September last year.
* Adelaide Crows’ Taylor Walker has announced some big family news, less than 24 hours after it was revealed he would be stepping down as the club’s co-captain in 2020. SEE BACK PAGE