IN THIS EDITION:
* Locals did their part to raise vital funds to help cure Type 1 diabetes, with a fundraiser at the Palace Hotel on Saturday night for the local riders taking part in the Revolve 24-hour Ride in late March.
* The inclusion of three Broken Hillites in the national 2020 Australia Day Awards has real potential to benefit the city, according to one of the recipients, John Lynch OAM.
* A spin fundraiser for Juvenile Diabetes saw 20 riders clock in a combined total of 626.5km over the weekend.
* In a great back-and-forth contest at the Alma Oval on Saturday, South managed to beat West in the final over with the Roos’ Paul Nicholas scoring a vital 63 runs to help his side to victory.
* The 50th anniversary of the Bushman’s Rally is being held over the Easter long weekend and vintage car enthusiasts are encouraged to enter.