IN THIS EDITION:
* An “oversize” semi-trailer carrying a mining truck hit low-hanging powerlines in Broken Hill yesterday, causing power disruptions to parts of the city.
* A motorcycle rider has been fined for a string of traffic offences after police caught up with him in a supermarket carpark on Friday.
* Police have charged two women after an angry crowd confronted police in Creedon Street earlier this month.
* City Council has presented its wish list to candidates in the state election, but no one has made any promises so far.
* A former Greens candidate for the seat of Barwon, has now joined a group Upper House ticket spearheaded by former Greens MP and now Independent Jeremy Buckingham.
* In harness racing on Saturday night, spectators saw a boil over in re-run of the Maltese Cup with an unheralded runner coming home with a big win.