IN THIS EDITION:
* An inquest has been called into the death of Broken Hill teenager Alex Braes whose shocking case received national media attention last week after it aired on ABC’s Four Corners. A “directions hearing” before Deputy State Coroner Elizabeth Ryan is scheduled for Friday this week in a Sydney courthouse.
* Where were you when it happened? You might be surprised to find yourself in our Pretty in Pink photo spreads of the Broken Heel Festival – Pages 1 & 20, 2 & 19.
* A 38-year-old man has been charged after almost 10kg of cannabis was located in a car during a vehicle stop in Broken Hill on Saturday. He was refused bail to appear in the Broken Hill Local Court yesterday.
* Lead Ted is doing the rounds of the local schools again, helping to instil lead awareness in children. Ask your school to book him in!
* Tibooburra locals will feature in a ‘pastels’ exhibition at West Darling Arts that will open on Friday, September 20.