IN THIS EDITION:
* Hang on to your hats, a mega country music star is bound for the Silver City. All the details on PAGE 2.
* A legal stoush between an industrial business and City Council about land earmarked for a 24-hour roadhouse has fizzled out in the NSW Supreme Court.
* In recent Police matters, the boys in blue have tasered a dog as it was attacking a 77-year-old woman, the glass panel door of a business has been smashed, and a provisional licence holder has become the first person to be fined by police under the new low-range drink-driving laws.
* It will be soon be even easier to grab the BDT or a magazine to read during your morning tea break when another newsagency opens its doors in Broken Hill.
* Broken Hill Councillors, including the Mayor, will receive a 2.5% pay increase after their annual fees were discussed in Wednesday night’s meeting. But not all of the Councillors were behind the move. FULL STORY: PAGE 4