IN THIS EDITION:
* Local state MP Roy Butler has called on the state government to establish more residential rehabilitation centres across the Far West.
* The local Connections Program has been awarded the ‘Outstanding Achievement in Mental Health Promotion Award’.
* Heritage adviser Paul Davies has been appointed to carry out a study of local historic items.
* Drivers are being urged to slow down, stop the car and take a photo of dead animals on or beside the road.
* The Barkindji Native Title Group Corporation has proposed a new multi-agency, decision-making leadership body to better connect government and Traditional Owner groups along the Darling/Baaka River.
* The South Australian Government’s belated response to the Murray-Darling Royal Commission was as weak as expected, according to Senator Rex Patrick.