IN THIS EDITION:
* Locals are being reminded that after some very heavy rain across the region a number of roads remain closed. The Silver City Highway from Packsaddle to Tibooburra and Tibooburra to the Queensland border are closed due to rain. Go to: www.livetraffic.com for live updates.
* The Perfect Light Film Festival went odd without a hitch…after a nice little downpour…how perfect. Catch all the glitz and glamour from the event in our 4-page colour spread.
* The finalists for the 2019 Far West NSW Excellence in Business Awards have been announced after an overwhelming amount of entries. PAGE 5
* Drought assistance is now being extended to farmers to help feed their working dogs and family pets. Perfect Pets in association with the Petbarn Foundation are sending 4 tonnes of pet food to the Far West region, with a load expected to arrive in Broken Hill and Menindee this month.
* Residents and locals from Shorty O’Neill Village have raised a massive $4,000 for the Breast Cancer Support Group at their Pink October High Tea.