IN THIS EDITION:
* An application to rename the Darling River has created confusion over traditional spelling and tension between Aboriginal elders.
* The NSW Government’s expenditure on world travel was eight times greater than Victoria’s, according to Labor MLC Rose Jackson.
* Alma Public School students and teachers have put their creative talent to work to provide the Coles bakery with some unique art for the festive season.
* The United We Stand heritage theatre show highlighting Broken Hill’s early union history has been granted $50,000.
* South beat West by nine runs in the second T20 match at the Alma Oval on Saturday.
* North cruised home to grab the points in the first T20 match of the weekend at the Alma Oval, despite a five-wicket haul by Magpie paceman Tristen Smith.