IN THIS EDITION:
* A Far West Federal Member has praised the NSW Regional Water Minister for touring the Menindee fish kill disaster zone this week, but suggested other politicians who made the effort were not sincere.
* Central Darling Shire is expected to clean up after the death of hundreds of thousands of native fish, even though it’s not responsible for the river.
* While temperatures this weekend won’t be of Ice Age proportions; locals can sit in the pool, watch a movie and pretend an ice storm is coming – see what the Broken Hill Aquatic Centre has planned to help locals combat the heat wave.
* Four young local cricketers did not go unnoticed in the Barossa Valley this week.
* Broken Hill celebrates another nonagenarian – it’s surely not the water contributing to long healthy lives around here, so what’s this gem’s secret?