IN THIS EDITION:
* A skate day event hosted by YMCA Young Leaders, headspace and Council took place yesterday as the city’s youth got to learn some sweet skateboarding and scooter tricks during free workshops throughout the day.
* After almost 20 years’ service to the local Labor Party, Les McQuillan has been honoured with a McKell Award.
* Lifeline Broken Hill Country to Coast’s 30th Art Exhibition is an exciting opportunity for artists to display and share their creative works with the local community.
* The best scones in Broken Hill don’t come from the city, but from a mine off the beaten track.
* A stoush between Regional Express Airlines and Dubbo City Council is not expected to impact Broken Hill’s flights, according to Mayor Darriea Turley.