IN THIS EDITION:
* COVID-19 test numbers have increased in the Far West Local Health District by eight per cent this week.
* Think of the word “carer” and what will probably come to mind is someone of middle age who looks after their elderly mother or father.
* Silver City Motors will be hosting a Holden Show and Shine event for local enthusiasts today.
* Plans for a Remembrance Day Service are still up in the air as COVID rules cause problems.
* Two Deacons will be ordained as priests for the first time in 12 years at the Broken Hill Catholic Cathedral next week.
* At 67, Broken Hill man Rob Lindsay has lived with an intellectual difficulty all his life.
* When 44-year-old Layne Harvey and his sons, 23-year-old Jakeb and 16-year-old Kurtis, were killed in a tragic accident at their Broken Hill home in June 2018, it set in motion a series of repercussions far beyond the unimaginable grief of losing three family members.
* North Broken Hill export Mitchell Clisby and the North Adelaide Football Club gained direct entry to the SANFL Grand Final, this Sunday, after a strong win in modest conditions in the second semi-final against minor premiers, Woodville West Torrens on October 4.