IN THIS EDITION:
* The Broken Hill Pub (BHP) is implementing an unprecedented measure to ensure the safety and well-being of their patrons in the current public health climate.
* Every restaurant in Broken Hill is now an exclusive club, especially now with a federal government announcement late yesterday afternoon about restrictions on gatherings in indoor spaces.
* With COVID-19 causing oil prices to drop significantly, a spokesperson for South Australia’s Royal Automobile Association (RAA) has reminded locals to shop around and utilise cheaper options while highlighting that the current price should be lower.
* A car chase in Railway Town on Thursday night ended when the vehicle became bogged on the Adelaide road and police allegedly found a shortened .22 rifle, a knife and drug paraphernalia inside.
* A group of local riders set to take part in a 24-hour bicycle challenge will now ride to Menindee.
* Without a Sheffield Shield triumph since 1995-96 and nearly 10 years since the last one-day victory at Adelaide Oval against Tasmania, it can be easily argued that South Australian cricket and specifically the SA Redbacks are back to square one, in the doldrums.
* Harness Racing continues tonight but unfortunately with no crowd in attendence because of strict guidelines put in place by the government and HRNSW in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.