IN THIS EDITION:
* Did our journalist snap a candid shot of you or someone you know having fun at the fair yesterday? Find out on our full colour page of Silver City Show pics.
* A City councillor wants to see cricket matches played on Picton Oval, but the general manager first wants to know if the city can afford it.
* A man who jumped on a driver’s lap and tried to steal his car has been sent to jail. The 34-year-old was affected by methamphetamine on the morning of the incident on July 17 and resisted the efforts of several witnesses to dislodge him, police said.
* Aunty Beryl Carmichael would like to remind people that the Menindee Mission Reunion has been postponed to a later date. DETAILS: PAGE 3
* Three cousins from Sydney have converged on Broken Hill to find their roots, and have so far discovered some interesting things.
* It’s finals fever for ‘world game’ lovers, and according to our world-game-loving journalist, spectators can expect some closely contended soccer matches on Saturday, from both the men’s and women’s teams. Get on down to the Broken Hill Soccer Grounds today for all the action.