IN THIS EDITION:
* A Broken Hill man is currently skateboarding from Melbourne to Cairns to raise money for Laos’s first ever skate park.
* Fees for the Memorial Oval have been waived for sporting groups who would normally utilise the ground.
* Local Isabella De Franceschi will be heading home for Christmas, as locals living in Victoria look to return after the NSW border reopened.
* Mark Grundy and Far West Auto have donated a work vehicle to the Barrier Truth.
* Footpaths on Blende Street will be getting revamped after the Broken Hill City Council received $310,000 by the Federal Government.
* Foundation Broken Hill’s newest Director, Michael McIvor has recently commenced a leadership program after being awarded a scholarship worth $55,000.
* Up and coming star of the netball world, Giants Netballer Kiera Austin was in Broken Hill this week as part of Macquarie University’s Roadshow program.
* The 2020 Netball season came to an end this week with the Grand Finals taking place on Tuesday night.