IN THIS EDITION:
* Inside today, the Broken Hill Health Service’s new General Manager responds to the concerns brought to the fore by recent media. See PAGES 1 & 4.
* The Broken Hill Centre for Community is hoping to clinch a $500,000 grant through government funding. A successful bid would ensure the centre is revamped, including the Markets Courtyard, the 2DRY FM studio, and a Community Garden is established.
* Meet the city’s newly elected Deputy Mayor, who comes to the position with 10 years’ experience as a Councillor.
* The Broken Hill Contribution Fund has generously donated over $21,000 to the local hospital to enable the purchase of much-needed equipment including a patient monitor for the paediatric ward.
* Don’t miss our full-colour line-up and preview of the AFL Grand Final – PAGES 22-23.