IN THIS EDITION:
* Two six-year-old Wilcannia boys are being treated at the Children’s Hospital in Adelaide after a mini bike they were riding crashed into a vehicle on the Barrier Highway.
* Environmental groups from four states have joined the Murray-Darling Basin Authority’s Community Committee in calling for water ministers to put politics aside and address the crisis in the river system. The ministers are due to meet in Canberra. STORY: PAGE 5
* The most ambitious Drover’s Run Outback Adventure will begin in Broken Hill tomorrow morning. The event, which raises funds for the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service, will see 47 4WD vehicles convoy cross the Simpson Desert.
* The West Darling Machinery Preservation Society are looking at options for the relocation of the picnic train. STORY: PAGE 3
* If you’re up that way, look out for brilliant the ‘take a book, leave a book’ initiative which has just been set up by the Lacey family at Pine View station, 180km north of Broken Hill. Let’s hope the idea catches on. DETAILS: PAGE 2