IN THIS EDITION:
* Jenny Hall worked her last day at the Barrier Truth yesterday after 42 years.
* Big Council rate rises for businesses in the Kanandah Road industrial district will be discussed with the Valuer General next week, says Mayor Darriea Turley.
* St Vinnies Broken Hill is joining the first ever virtual NSW Vinnies Community Sleepout.
* The ceremony to remember the hundreds of workers who lost their lives in the local mines will have greater significance when it is held next week.
* Mark Coulton was in the Silver City this week, catching up with organisations and speaking with tourists embracing the Far West.
* The 2020 Desert Equinox Environmental Art Awards exhibition has been installed around the city and the judges will announce the prize winners on November 7.
* Broken Hill is buzzing and we haven’t seen anything like it since the population was around 30,000.
* In 1888 the township of Broken Hill was well on it’s way to becoming the city we know and love today.
* North Broken Hill export and Adelaide forward Taylor Walker has written himself into the Crows’ record books.
* North Broken Hill footballer Isaac Cumming is the latest GWS Giant to put pen to paper on a contract extension, signing on September 30.