IN THIS EDITION:
* Fundraising is now under way for local high school student Maggie Tavian who will soon travel to the US for the Global Young Leaders Conference. DETAILS: PAGE 3
* You might be surprised at just how much work firefighters do in the community in between fighting fires. To find out, come down to the Broken Hill Fire Station today for the Fire and Rescue NSW Open Day. DETAILS: PAGE 4
* Lifeline Broken Hill Country to Coast and the Royal Flying Doctor Service have just launched a new campaign that will introduce face-to-face support for people affected by the drought. STORY: PAGE 4
* Over the next few months, a visiting art conservation specialist will digitise the Regional Art Gallery’s collection to open it up to a much larger audience. STORY: PAGE 2
* Warwick Mainwaring and Janelle King have travelled over 1100 kilometres in their 69-yearold Riley RMB Saloon from their home in Lilli Pilli, Sydney to hand deliver two items for painting to local artist Howard Steer.