IN THIS EDITION:
* A man escaped from the police station yesterday and police are appealing for public help to find him. James Henry Lawton, 28, was being held in custody after being arrested for driving whilst disqualified.
* A local businessman believes that marketing is what Broken Hill needs to boost tourism, not signs, and that changing them now would be “going backwards”. PAGE 4
* A man who allegedly bashed a female shop assistant and stole all the money in the till last weekend has been found and charged.
* The President of the Pastoralists’ Association of West Darling (PAWD) has expressed concern about the federal government’s interest- free loans for graziers, as well as the state government’s sacking of the NSW Drought Coordinator. FULL STORY: PAGE 3
* A luncheon was held recently to mark the 75th anniversary of the Legion of Ex-Servicemen and Women. PICS PAGE 23