IN THIS EDITION:
* Head on down to the Town Square today for an R U OK event which will run until 2pm and have service information stalls from Mission Australia, Catholic Care, Far West Local Health District, Headspace, Compass Housing, Maari Ma Primary Health, the Flying Doctor Service and ACON.
* A local reader has alerted the BDT to a recent round of ‘scratchie scams’ in town, after receiving a yellow pamphlet with two scratchies.
* The body of a Balranald man who went missing last week has been found in the Murrumbidgee River after a five-day search.
* A colourful exhibition Gaara Arts
* Council’s decision to cut the City Library opening hours to enable staff more time to undertake planning and strategic work may be the reason for an increase in book borrowing, up 4,000 items from last year.