IN THIS EDITION:
* People have reacted with shock and fury at the news that cotton farmers in northern NSW are being allowed to fill their dams with floodwater promised to the Darling River.
* Menindee locals and even ex-locals who have been doing their best to supply the town with water and keep the fish alive have angrily condemned the NSW Government for letting irrigators take the floodwaters in the north.
* The Broken Hill Civic Orchestra has bounded into 2020 with a variety of concerts planned.
* Broken Hill is set to receive more than $400,000 to increase safety on several streets and this should provide more jobs, local MP Roy Butler said yesterday.
* A tribute to all servicemen and women will be held on Sunday.