IN THIS EDITION:
* Kate McBride has received ‘incredible’ feedback from Australians wanting to help with the plight of the Murray-Darling Basin, following her appearance on the ABC’s ‘Australian Story’ last week.
* Congratulations Wilcannia! The beautiful 139-year-old Wilcannia Post Office has won a Highly Commended certificate in the National Trust’s 2019 Heritage Awards.
* A man who allegedly stole a wallet from the Broken Hill Hospital and used bank cards to buy various items has been arrested.
* A former Greens candidate for Parkes said yesterday he will run as an independent, after being down from the Greens after “The Australian” newspaper reported controversial comments he had allegedly made about the Port Arthur massacre in Hobart.
* Come full circle – The Old convent in Broken Hill has been sold to the Catholic Church.
* A new dog show to be held in Broken Hill later this month has received almost 400 entries from around the country.