IN THIS EDITION:
* Petty Officer Marine Technician Tyron Craft has been awarded the inaugural Steel Cat of the Year Award and Sailor of the Year at a ceremony on the HMAS Brisbane III.
* A volunteer wildlife rescue group that spends almost $1000 a month on milk supplements is in dire need of public assistance.
* The appalling state of the Lower Darling River showed that the Murray-Darling Basin Plan was far from a done deal, according to Senator Rex Patrick.
* Anika Molesworth has been selected as one of 95 women from around the world to attend a leadership program in Antarctica.
* For the eighth year in a row, the Royal Flying Doctor Service has been named Australia’s Most Reputable Charity.
* As one of the rookies tasked with taking the West Cricket Club forward, Lachlan Kaye has made great strides over the past 18 months in A Grade.