IN THIS EDITION:
* Water from Stephens Creek might be used to supply Menindee if the drought continues for a year or more.
* The NSW Water Minister said yesterday that legal advice on leaving the Murray-Darling Basin Plan had been sought but that exploring other options in collaboration with the other states would take precedence.
* Threats by the NSW Government to abandon the Murray-Darling Basin Plan have come under more fire, this time from the Basin Authority.
* Epiroc RDT Broken Hill wanted to donate funds to a worthy cause and when they heard about the YMCA Swim Ability Program they thought it would be the perfect recipient.
* The South Cricket Club’s women cricketers moved to outright second spot on the Barrier District Cricket League’s women’s premiership ladder with an entertaining win over North at the Norm Fox Sports Complex on Sunday morning.
* The Topspins have capped off a strong spring tennis season by winning Thursday’s A-Grade Grand Final.