IN THIS EDITION:
* A couple who fell asleep while making lunch on a stove had a lucky escape after their kitchen caught fire in Creedon Street on Sunday.
* Broken Hill City Council’s waste voucher program looks to be more than adequately meeting residents’ needs while at the same time addressing a previous problem of commercial entities using ‘residential’ vouchers.
* If government cannot find money for Silverlea Early Childhood Services it could close by the middle of next year.
* Last weekend the Silver City should have lit up with the Broken Heel Festival, but thanks to COVID-19 the glitz and glamour was cancelled.
* With the end of the 2019/20 Broken Hill basketball season coming to a sudden and unexpected end back in March this year due to the COVID virus, there is the slightest bit of movement back at the RK Sanderson Stadium.
* An Ethan Harris (Whyman) master-class has propelled Parntu to its second-ever Musicians Club Outback Rugby League grand final after the Warriors overcame a gritty Wilcannia Boomerangs in last Saturday’s Senior Men’s preliminary final at Memorial Oval in Broken Hill.