IN THIS EDITION:
* From today, Level 3 water restrictions will be in force in Wilcannia, and these apply to residents and visitors alike. SEE PAGE 2 for information about what you can and can’t do while the restrictions are in force.
* Residents are invited to take part in a Day of Action next week to fight for the Darling River and Menindee Lakes. The event will see participants take part in a protest march from Town Square to Sturt Park, followed by a public gathering including speeches from invited guests. DETAILS: PAGE 5.
* Broken Hill’s petrol prices have been on a slight rise since June and are currently sitting at the most expensive they have been in a decade. SEE PAGE 2.
* The Demo Club has donated $25,000 to the Far West Local Health District’s Palliative Care Service. DETAILS: PAGE 4.
* Any proposal to raise water bills was nothing more than a recommendation, local State MP Kevin Humphries said yesterday. Mr Humphries was replying to Mayor Darriea Turley’s concerns, published in yesterday’s BDT, about Essential Energy seeking to increase the price charged to residents by $127 a year from 2019 to 2023. FULL STORY: PAGE 3.