IN THIS EDITION:
* Burke Ward Public School is celebrating 125 years of education this week with a new mural and garden, the unearthing of a time capsule and a dress-up day.
* The State Government’s easing of restrictions for clubs, pubs and similar venues means locals will have options for Christmas celebrations, a clear track for some Melbourne Cup merriment, and even some live music.
* Broken Hill’s St Johns Ambulance Cadets were thrilled after $5,000 of new training equipment was unveiled.
* World Teachers Day on Friday, October 30 celebrates the work of teachers everywhere. In NSW, this work is the subject of an independent inquiry, ordered by public school teachers themselves.
* Shorty O’Neill Village has raised $2,500 for local Breast Cancer Awareness by selling face masks and a hosting a barbecue fundraiser.
* It has taken a lot of organisation and the development of a strict COVID-19 plan, but after eight months the RK Sanderson Stadium will open tonight for the beginning of the 2020/21 basketball season.