* Broken Hill is known as an oasis in the desert but the drought is threatening that reputation and we must do what we can to save our trees, according to Landcare Broken Hill’s president, Simon Molesworth.
* CatholicCare Wilcannia-Forbes CEO Anne-Marie-Mioche is appealing to government and other support agencies to remember those still impacted by drought.
* Murrumbidgee farmers have given graziers in the Far West a generous donation of previous water.
* The Broken Hill Lions Club has joined its fellow clubs from around the world who are providing practical help to people affected by the bushfires.
* The popular Tai Chi program in Broken Hill is about to recommence for the year and an information/registration session is being held for interested newcomers.
* Broken Hill greatest cricketing export, Jeff Vaughan, played an important role behind the scenes for the Hobart Hurricanes, as they grabbed a pivotal late season victory on Australia Day to propel the team into the new-look finals series of the Big Bash League version number nine.