IN THIS EDITION:
* Local real estate agents are working their way around the new municipal tip barcode system.
* The number of Australians dying from unintentional drug overdoses has skyrocketed by almost 38 per cent over the last decade, according to a report released last week.
* The Victory Show was held as the Japanese were surrendering in World War II.
* Locals have come together to form ‘Living through the Storm’ and a mission to remove the stigma of suicide and support those who have had a lived experience of it.
* A business case is being developed that may help establish a group in Broken Hill to lead people with autism on a better pathway to meaningful employment.
* Celtic beat St Joes before West thumped Alma in the penultimate round of local soccer on the weekend.