IN THIS EDITION:
* Marilyn Harris has played a huge role in the local Eisteddfod over the years, first as a singer and then as a vocal coordinator and secretary. As the Eisteddfod approaches its 50th anniversary, she looks back at her own experiences and the changes it’s undergone over the years.
* Silverton Wind Farm’s 58 wind turbines have been up and running since the middle of June, and AGL says that while its night-time generation has been at maximum output, they were working with the energy regulator and network service provider to increase generation during the day.
* Alma Soccer Club will be hosting a movie fundraiser on Thursday with the screening of ‘After’ at the Silver City Cinema.
* A member the GWS Academy, South Broken Hill footballer Tyler McKenzie is endeavouring to make every post a winner in his journey in the code.
* The Broken Heel Festival has been named Australia’s favourite by travel company Wotif.