IN THIS EDITION:
* Wilcannia’s new Baaka Cultural Centre has been secured after the Coalition Government yesterday pledged $3.5 million for the project.
* Broken Hill Floral Art Club’s Barb Gray with a few of the silk and fresh flower arrangements that will be available at their Mother’s Day Stall on Saturday.
* Kevin ‘Bushy’ White handed over one of his mineral artworks to 10-year-old Ben Miller at his gallery after Ben won a Heritage Festival art competition.
* The Far West Community Legal Centre has been allocated more than $765,000 in funding for legal services over three years.
* It has been a long-running joke that the Roos have been forced to train in the dark at their Alma Oval home but some of the scarce lighting they did have is now also out of action. This has forced their League side to start training at 5pm when many players have yet to finish work.