IN THIS EDITION:
* Local pastoralists are desperately looking for a third party to take over the truck wash project to get it up and running.
* The city’s new water chief says quality water and quality staff should make his job a little easier in this terrible drought.
* The RFDS Broken Hill Community Open Day on Monday was a huge success.
* After some stops and starts, the reunion of those who lived on the old Menindee Mission will be held on the second weekend of November.
* Sculptor and photographer Robbie Rowlands is about to give lessons in low-light photography at the Riddiford Arboretum.
* Everyone is invited to join the Outback Emus for their annual Outback Emus Charity Golf Day on Sunday.
* The Silver City Racing Club committee and volunteers have begun preparing the track for the big cup meeting this month.