IN THIS EDITION:
* It is a year ago this month that Westhaven disability services took over the running of Algate House, and to mark the occasion the disabilities services provider held a birthday party complete with a cake.
* Broken Hill City Councillors at the August monthly meeting adopted amendments to the draft Mobile Food Vehicles, Temporary Food Stalls and Hawking Policy to clarify some uncertainties around it.
* If governments reckoned that the Darling River and Menindee lakes could survive the extraction of even more water then they were ignorant or deluded, says the chair of an NSW Upper House inquiry into plans for more building more dams in the north.
* Broken Hill City councillors are largely satisfied with the progress of the 2017-2021 Disability Inclusion Action Plan in that 79.5% of target actions have been either completed or are on track.
* Six-time premiership player at the famous Adelaide Football League Club, the Goodwood Saints, Simon Brooks further etched himself into club history by becoming just the fourth player to reach the magical 300-game milestone.